Friday, October 05, 2007

It's gotta have a hook(a)

I know, I know, I used that trick in my last post, sue me. I've finally figured a way to post blogs per my sidekick on the new blogger format! I think. So hopefully I will be able to write blogs a little more often while I'm on set. I haven't been posting much because I have been trying to solely focus my writing efforts on my script.
At any rate its been a busy week for work or fun. Monday and Tuesday I worked on a movie. Standard background work with about 300 other extras. If you know me, you know I get horribly uncomfortable around so many people, a twitchy, antsy, nervous kind of. This may have prompted me to become the most legendary extra of all time. If this story is true anyway, but really how could such a tale be true. But suppose it was... a guy sneaks out of holding, travels two states away while still on the clock and returns some 11 hours later only to jet again with another bg to a bar for darts and drinks, and finally returning to holding to promptly sign out. Surely such a feat, such a man would live on in stories for generations. After two long ass days I was lucky enough to get a short day for a tv show on which I have become a regular office employee, or more specifically the mail dude. It's a nice gig as it often affords me time to write and wardrobe really likes to dress me up in their sweater vests. Since I got out early I went to the lower east side for eats with a friend. I've been eating out more than normal lately, you gotta treat yourself once and a while ya know. And work has been pretty good so I might as well enjoy it. With my day off on Thursday I took care of errands first thing, then just enyoyed the rest of the day. I went out for drinks with a friend and ended up finding a great hooka bar on the LES, the atmosphere was really great, big sofas with fluffy pillows, dark except warm toned lights and candles, great decor, we got VIP treatment since it was rather late and pretty much empty. I haven't smoked hooka since Dave moved away after I almost forgot how relaxing and suprisingly entertaining of a cultural past time this is. Being of curious minds we research hooka on wikipedia and that brought even more enjoyment into it. I recommend the apple flavor. There's a simple delight to it.
Oh did I mention the clowns, Burlesque strippers and free brownies? I have never been explained time and space by a clown before, but it went much like I would have expected. Yeah it was pretty good. I don't even remember what day that was.
Today I'm on SVU, first time in a while I've been on this set. I feel kind of outnumbered, as they're all clearly regulars, but fuck it, I have stuff to do. Hopefully the powers that be will give me another short day. I can think of funner things to do :)

No comments: