Saturday, August 04, 2007

All Good Things....

Well that's it for me. At the end of last night (this morning) Sam Rockwell was wrapped on the film I was working on. We were in a big gymnasium for most of the night and the atmosphere was pretty casual and upbeat, I'm sure because the star of the movie was wrapping. After they announced the end of Sam Rockwell's run of the movie, the 1st AD made an announcement that applied particulary to me, "ladies and gentlemen, that is a picture wrap for Rick second team." This was news to me I must say, since I was told my last day would be the 9th. Granted I was standing-in for Rockwell, and he was done, so it makes sense that I would be too. I guess I was just thinking that I'd be used as a utilty stand in. Not the case. The announcement was also odd because the applause that I got from cast and crew was phenominal. I was not expecting so much. In fact I had to make various gestures to past the time as people clapped for me and I still ended up standing there with my head down, looking up and smiling at the crowd around me, completely embarassed by all the attention. I mean I talked to people here and there and made a few friends I guess, but I ...yeah I just didn't know I was so popular. It's odd that it was my last day, people I was slightly more open and talkative that day. I had a brief conversation with the author of the book that the movie is based on (the book and movie being 'Choke.') I also told people of my ghost hunting expeditions and endevoured in a food challenge with one of the producers.
So yeah, now I'm looking for work again. It sucks. Next week on "Choke" their hours are kind of normal and I was really looking forward to that. I'm also used to steady work now, work that I didn't have to seek out. Eh, it sucks. But whatever I'll make good use of the sudden free time I'm sure. Plus there is more and more work coming in, so I should be okay. Yeah, that's it for now.

No comments: