Sunday, September 16, 2007

Recycled

Well the car is more or less done.... I think. I went home on Friday to retrieve it. And though it runs fine, the engine light in one and the damn thing continues to rev while in park and neutral gears. Don't ask me how the garage missed it. I tried to get it back into the garage on Saturday but no luck. So I said fuck, I'm taking it. I bought a few more things for my apartment, as I am trying to give my place a bit of personality. I have lived here about a year and half now and this place has until now been geared 100% to functionality and 0% toward aesthetics. So little by little I am going to spruce the place up. It does make a difference I'm noticing even with the small amount of stuff I have purchaed thus far. It's starting to feel like a real apartment. As for my car.... I didn't have any problems on the drive down, though I must say I am a bit nervous should I elect to drive to CT for work. It wouldn't be good if I was stranded somehwere in between and unable to get to set, for numerous reasons. I don't know, we'll see. I will feel better after I talk with the garage I suspect.


I was thinking of going to watch "Across the Universe" today, but I think I'm ditching the idea. I would have liked to have seen it upstate, since I the feeling like I should be productive was removed up there. But it's only in limited release until next week. It was the first movie I was in when I started on the whole actor in NY thing, and responsible for 2 of the 3 waivers I needed to enter SAG, so I'd like to see it because of that. Plus it looks pretty damn good, its only fault so far being reminding a little too much of "Moulin Rouge." I have a second or two on-screen which might also have something to do with all this. Usually I don't care about such things, but I think because this was the first time I had worked on something big....eh whatever.


So in looking for a bookcase at my parents' house, I found my old acoustic guitar. Honestly I had forgot that I kept it around. You see the guitar has been in unrepairable condition after a drunk now-ex sat on it during some summer bash I was hosting when I was renting out a house. I remember the moment SO clearly. Looking over in disbelief, everyone about looking over with awkward "oh shit" looks on their faces. Luckily I was already sitting. Strangely I didn't get very upset for how important the guitar had been to me. But I couldn't part with it, so I kept it in box without intent or purpose. And then 4 years later I am digging around for a bookcase and there it is. My first thought was that I'd just hang it on my wall. But the guitar is unusually heavy, so I decided to gut it out to make it lighter. Then the idea came to turn it into a shelf. And that's where the craziness began (the items inside are temporary until I buy stuff for it, most of the ideas for my apartment at this point are somewhat incomplete)...

No comments: